|Measured value||Ratio to control (%)|
|Indication of the result||The ratio (%) of the value of Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) enzyme activity to that for the control condition with 0.1 % DMSO or water is shown. Values less than 100 indicate inhibition of HDAC enzyme activity.|
|Target diseases of assay||Others|
|Protocol of assay||An HDAC activity assay [ab156064] Abcam (Cambridge, MA, USA) was used. The reaction is initiated and fluorescence intensity is measured by mixing simultaneously fluorescence-labeled acetylated peptide (which acts as substrate), HDAC (enzyme) and the developer. The reaction is not stopped, so it is necessary to measure fluorescence intensity at regular intervals after the reaction is initiated. The steps are as follows, 1)Prepare samples
2) Prepare reaction wells (HDAC Assay Buffer and substrate)
3) Add HDAC enzyme (control HDAC or your sample) to each well Incubate for 20 min at room temperature
4) Add Stop Solution & Developer to each well
5) Incubate for 10-40 min at room temperature.
6) Measure Fluorescence Intensity at Ex/ Em = 355/ 460 nm.